Thursday, December 27, 2007

2008

I have decided to make this year's resolutions a bit more specific. So this time next year, I will be able to assess what I've accomplished and what I have again postponed to do. Here we go.

Resolution # 1. Study for the GMAT, take and pass the exam.
    - I have been postponing this for so long. This year, i resolve to stop procrastinating and start studying. Sabi nga ng shirt ni Jin, "Procrastinators of the world... Unite! ... tomorrow."

Resolution # 2. Stop being sarcastic.
    - This has always been a bad point of mine. Being sarcastic to the point of offending people. I will be more conscious of this and try offending less people this year. Example: When gawach says he will quit smoking after his baby is born, I will not roll my eyes and retort, "How long after?"

Resolution # 3. Believe in life and love.
    - I am a pessimist. The cup is so half empty. And someone will probably spill whatever is left. The dog maybe. Whose poop I just stepped on. With my new high-heeled shoes. On my way to the big meeting. Which I'm already late for. Because I did not wake up on time. The damn alarm clock was set to 5pm instead of 5am. Who set it? Me. So where was I? Oh so for 2008, I will be less of a pessimist and try to believe that life can blossom and love will save the day. Someone hand me a barf bag.

Resolution # 4. Invest.
    - The stock market scares me. Basically because I don't know/get anything about it. I promise to ask people about this and start investing money. Also this will make me stop splurging on food. Which will result to me eating less. Which will result to me not getting fatter. So, in all, this is a win-win situation. When my stocks increase, I will celebrate and eat in my favorite restaurant. For 8 weeks.

Resolution # 5. Sleep more.
    - Target is to sleep at an average of 6 hours per day. Kahit 4 hours pag weekdays, tas 11 hours on Fridays and Saturdays. Basta the weekly snooze time should be 42 hours. Why? Because, life is short. And I shouldn't make it shorter.

No comments: